Pages

Monday, May 23, 2016

Monday, May 23

Still no cole crops from the garden, but soon.  A little more asparagus.  This will be the last of the asparagus.  The remaining spears will not be cut.  I was hoping for more asparagus in its second full year.  The first year I harvested none of the spears.  I had no idea that freshly picked asparagus is that good, but it is.

Yes there are berries.  I picked some more yesterday, a pound for the week.  Also a bunch of lettuce from the Earthbox.  I've harvested over three pounds of lettuce from the Earthbox so far.

To see what other people are growing head on over to Our Happy Acres.  

4 comments:

Dave @ HappyAcres said...

You are so right about the taste of really fresh asparagus. It has spoiled me for eating that from the grocery. I got my first kohlrabi today but the broccoli and cabbage are nowhere near ready.

Margaret said...

Oh, your raves on freshly picked asparagus have me antsy to pick some (patience, patience...)! And yum to strawberries! You are quite a ways ahead of me - my strawberry plants are just starting to flower.

Phuong said...

Asparagus, strawberries, and lettuce, looks like a lovely spring harvest. I would love to grow strawberries here, but for the fear of birds and what they might do.

Mark Willis said...

Your Asparagus will produce a bigger crop in Year 3 because you have been restrained in harvesting it this year. Taste-wise, this is still one of the star performers for home-growing, because you can eat it dead fresh before any of the flavour fades.

Post a Comment