Pages

Monday, October 31, 2016

Monday October 31

This is unprecedented. It's the last day of October and yesterday I harvested these peppers - four ripe Carmens and some Jalapenos. 

The peppers were roasted on the grill that day.  After deskinning and deseeding they'll be frozen for use later.  There are also a number of ancho peppers that are beginning to turn red.  With no frost predicted in the ten day forecast, with a little luck I'll get some ripe anchos for roasting in a week or so. 

To see what other people are getting from their gardens, head on over to http://www.ourhappyacres.com/

4 comments:

Mark Willis said...

Our weather has been similarly mild - and I still have ripening chillis outdoors too.

Michelle said...

Nice!

Dave @ HappyAcres said...

I harvested many of my anchos green, thinking frost would come at a normal time. I'm leaving the rest of them on the plant, and hopefully yours and mine will ripen up soon!

Julie said...

We're also clear for frost in the ten day forecast, so enjoy those peppers for as long as possible!

Post a Comment