I watered heavily from the pond nearly every day and most of the plants stayed healthy, even though they did not grow much. Saturday all the squash plants showed a lot of chlorosis (yellowing) of the leaves. I think this was more a result of the heat shutting down some biochemical processes, not nitrogen deficiency, as this happened suddenly.
It was a week to get things out of the ground. I dug up the Yukon Gold potatoes (previous post). The second batch of onions dried. I cut off the tops and rubbed off the outer skins. I pulled up the third and last batch of onions and spread them out on the screen to dry. That leaves empty bed space of about 25 square feet that I will seed with snap beans shortly.
For the week: Squash 15 oz, cucumber 10 oz, okra 5 oz, tomatoes 1 lb 10 oz, scallions 3 oz, peppers 9 oz, potatoes 5 lb 4 oz, onions 4 lb 14 oz. Total 12.8 lb. For the year 57.7 lb.